Re: Problems starting database with process=200

From: Xuening Sun <ba503_at_torfree.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:17:53 GMT

Vijay,

 You might want to ckeck the maximum # of semaphores and the maximum # of processes and other related system parameters with Solaris on your Sun Box (they are the OS settings). Ask your SA to increase the settings to fit your needs. Let me know if this works.

Xuening Sun
--
Vijay Mayadas (vijay_at_winwin.com) wrote:
: I forgot to add:

: I'm running Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise on a Sun Ultra 10 Server with Solaris
: 2.7 and 256MB RAM

: Thanks

: Vijay

: Vijay Mayadas <vijay_at_winwin.com> wrote in message
: news:37b0460b_at_news1.us.ibm.net...
: > In order to run Oracle Enterprise Manager, I need to have PROCESSES=200 in
: > my init.ora file. The database starts up fine when PROCESSES=50 but when I
: > increase it to 200, I get the following error on startup:
: >
: > SVRMGR>startup
: > ORA-27146: post/wait initialization failed
: > SVRMGR>
: >
: > I've played around with the PROCESSES value and the database starts up
: fine
: > up to a value of 120. After that the above error message occurs.
: >
: > Can some please help me resolve this?
: >
: > Thanks
: >
: > Vijay