Re: Alert: Thread 1 cannot allocate new log

From: Kevin A Lewis <KevinALewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 16:11:05 +0100

This is not a harmless message although it does not imply loss of data. What it points to is loss of performance. DBWR will suspend until the situation has resolved.

The log entries are being held up by the system not having finished with the next redo log in line.
This either means that ARCH process has not finished with it if in Archive Log Mode or the updates are occuring too fast and wrapping round the logs.

Simple solution would be to increase the size of you redo logs and/or increase their number.

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich England)

                        <KevinALewis_at_HotMail.com>