Re: Server up time

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:56:09 -0400

the view v$instance should give you all that you need. The uptime is recorded in Julian days and seconds, so if you want to find out when it was brought up do something like this

select to_char(to_date(a.value||b.value,'JSSSSS'),'YYYYMMDD HH24:MI:SS')

from v$instance a,

         v$instance b
where a.key = 'STARTUP TIME - JULIAN'
  and b.key = 'STARTUP TIME - SECONDS';