Changing Block Size

From: Nick Ward <nward_at_uk.bnsmc.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 23:16:18 +0100

Hello all,

We are using Oracle 7.32 for our BaaN IV installation running on AIX. We are currently using a block size of 4k but we need to increase this to 8k due to a large number of chained rows. I have read through the manuals and know which configuration files and settings need to be changed but am unsure on how to re-build the database for this to take effect.

I am very new to Oracle, if I am asking a trivial question then I apologise, but I could do with pointing in the right direction.

Regards

Nick