How to close cursor variable from JDBC w/o close connection?

From: <hchen_at_time-0.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 00:21:47 GMT

Hi,
Currently we experiencing a problem:
The PLSQL package returns JDBC a cursor variable. Java program can retrieve record from the cursor with no problem. The problem is: how to close this cursor variable?

We are using a connection pool, so can NOT close the connection.  After about 50 calls to this plsql function, I got error of "max open cursors exceed". I tried CallableStatement.close(), but seems like it does nothing. This is a serious problem for us, in an older version, it even result in core dump (big PLSQL table, plus cursor variable, plus max cursor variable exceed). Our environment is Oracle 7.3, JDK1.1. ( I do found there is a new function in JDK1.2, getRef and setRef, can I pass the Ref of a cursor back to a plsql function to close it?)

Any hint would be greatly appreciated!

Hang Chen
hchen_at_time.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 10 1999 - 19:21:47 CDT