How parse an existing website into WebDB?

From: Helmuth Kristen <hkristen_at_cfa.harvard.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 17:18:26 -0400

Hi,

after having installed Oracle8i and WebDB on our NT machine, we are trying to load an existing (non-Oracle) website into WebDB. However, we find it extremely tedious, and at times impossible, to recreate
the directory structure with WebDB. Just uploading one file after the other does
not allow us to retain the directory structure, and creating "items" within appropriately named
"folders" does not appear to be the same thing as recreating the old directories. For example,
some pages are automatically inserted under the /ROOTFOLDER directory and others
are not, so few of our old links turn out to work.

   We would like to avoid having to go through all the files updating the specified links.

Does anyone have experience with uploading and parsing an existing website with
WebDB?

Also, is it correct that one cannot modify the strict format for a first page defined by Oracle,
i.e. newsitems, banner (1 image only) followed by directory links. How does one include and
align multiple images, textboxes etc. (as produced by web design tools like Adobe GoLive)?

Thanks,

Helmuth Kristen
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics Received on Tue Aug 10 1999 - 16:18:26 CDT