Re: recover DB from existing data files?

From: Terry Dykstra <tdykstra_at_cfol.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:32:49 -0600

If you don't have the internal password, I think you can get away with deleting (rename is safer) the pwdxxxx.ora file. BTW, the password is normally hardcoded into the strtxxxx.cmd file. Creating a new instance with oradim73 should work just fine. I've done things like that to bring up the same database on a second server.

--
Terry Dykstra
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.