Re: Good Performance Issue to consider. Suggestions welcome

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 20:07:19 +0200

Hi Tapan,
Usually saturation of the server is caused by a) DBWR and LGWR problems: the server becoming I/O bound b) excessive paging and swapping.

Question: what are those processes doing. Could you snoop into to sql area, or v$open_cursor. You might consider to get Toad and use that against those session, it has a trace optimization option which will shouw you how much resources are being used. It will also show your the basic sanity of your system in the option server stats.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA