Re: Moving Database

From: Andrew Gilkes <andyg_at_kalamazoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 17:03:48 +0100

I use the create controlfile command regularly to move databases between UNIX systems with differing numbers/names of disks. Basically: use the alter system backup controlfile to trace on the existing system. Shut it down cleanly. Copy it to the new locations. Edit the trace file that you generated with the create controlfile command in it to reflect the new disk locations and run it. Simple and reliable.