Re: Problems starting database with process=200

From: Jason Salter <jason_at_seahorse.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:09:11 GMT

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:30:19 -0700, "Vijay Mayadas" <vijay_at_winwin.com> wrote:

>In order to run Oracle Enterprise Manager, I need to have PROCESSES=200 in
>my init.ora file. The database starts up fine when PROCESSES=50 but when I
>increase it to 200, I get the following error on startup:
>
>SVRMGR>startup
>ORA-27146: post/wait initialization failed
>SVRMGR>
>
>I've played around with the PROCESSES value and the database starts up fine
>up to a value of 120. After that the above error message occurs.
>
>Can some please help me resolve this?
>
>Thanks
>
>Vijay

I assume you are using Unix. Take a look at your semaphore settings in the kernel file for your OS, especially the line for SEMMSL.

For Sun look in /etc/system. eg.

set semsys:seminfo_semmap=64
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=64
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=1600
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=200

Regards,
Jason. Received on Tue Aug 10 1999 - 11:09:11 CDT