Upgrading Enterprise 450 Server

From: <yitbsal_at_statcan.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:27:53 GMT

Hi,

We would like to upgrade a Sun Enterprise 450 server that currently has one 250Mz cpu and 512Mb of RAM. The machine is being used as an Oracle 8 server.

Of course, we are faced with several choices, including the following:

Add three 250Mz cpus OR remove 250Mz cpu and buy four 400Mz cpus Buy 512Mb RAM per cpu OR 1Gig per cpu
Buy Veritas Foundation Suite software to implement RAID and for other administrative tasks
Buy Veritas Quick IO to increase speed of Oracle

In order to make intelligent choices, I would like to get access to benchmarks of different Sun configurations, especially those comparing 250Mz cpus to 400Mz cpus.

Do you know of any sites with such benchmarks? Any opinions on Veritas?

Salaam Yitbarek

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 10 1999 - 10:27:53 CDT