Re: Backup/Recovery Questions

From: Mikel <not_at_me.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 22:27:07 -0400

Hi Jill,

B is correct. When you issue the order to create control file, whether in a new db creation or for recovery purposes, the init.ora governs where and how many control files to create.

You do not have to update the init.ora, the init.ora told Orcale where to create the control files. The init.ora is never updated buy Oracle, just by you.

hth

Mike