Import and Archive Logs

From: <alan_at_prsc.qld.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 00:45:56 GMT

Does import write to Archive Logs? If so is there a way to stop it?

We have a "off the shelf" package that uses the one database for both Production and Training. Production and Training use different schemas.

From time to time I am required to copy the Production schema to Training. This runs for ages and appears to write huge amounts of data to the archive logs.

Is there a way to turn archive off during import or for a particular schema?

I use the following syntax for the export/import:

exp xxxprod/xxxx owner=xxxprod file=.... direct=y sqlplus < (drop all tables)
imp xxxtrain/xxxx file=.... fromuser=xxxprod touser=xxxtrain ignore=y

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Aug 09 1999 - 19:45:56 CDT