Re: 8i Java Port

From: ritchie turner <rmturner_at_utouch.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 19:13:22 -0400

Thanks for the reply T.

I've looked through the docs and I understand what I need to do regards EJBs on the server, however, I'm pretty worried about client requirements, I thought I could simply "point the web browser" but judging from the snippet below (from the EJB clubmed example), it looks completely out of the question, not the least of which is aurora_client.jar is 2.3MB. Is there a slightly thinner approach?

Thanks Ritchie

SETUP for the browsers

0) This has only been tested with Netscape 4.04.

  1. You need to remove the iiop10.jar file from the ...Netscape/Communicator/Program/Java/Classes directory. Renaming this file is not enough - you must remove it.
  2. You need to copy $ORACLE_HOME/lib/aurora_client.jar $ORACLE_HOME/lib/vbjorb.jar and $ORACLE_HOME/lib/vbjapp.jar into the ...Netscape/Communicator/Program/Java/Classes directory.
  3. You need to go to "http://developer.netscape.com/docs/technote/security/prefwrangler.html" to Preference Wrangler and enable all security.