delete statement taking forever

From: <dbanguyen_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 21:02:50 GMT

Hello, I hope someone can help me with a simple delete statement. Here is the statement and the qplan. The appropriate fields are indexed. Will it help to analyze the table with compute statistics? The activities table has about 700k records and the mds_removed_id has 60k. Any way to optimize this statement? Also, I am finding that there is a lot of disk swaps on the server when running this. Thanks for your help,
Dave

explain plan
set statement_id = 'del_mds' for
delete from activities where contact_entity_id in (select entity_id from mds_removed_id);

Q_PLAN

DELETE STATEMENT
NESTED LOOPS
VIEW
SORT UNIQUE
INDEX FULL SCAN MDS_REMOVED_ID_IDX
TABLE ACCESS BY ROWID ACTIVITIES
INDEX RANGE SCAN R_ACTIVITIES7_FK Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Aug 09 1999 - 16:02:50 CDT