WIN NT reinstalled without proper steps taken

From: <shining_path_at_hexenworld.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 19:29:41 GMT

Greetings,
My sysadmin reinstalled the winNT OS on my DB (oracle 7.3.4) server without taking the proper steps. Now i am left with several directories full of control files. init files, data files but no instances to start the servers. I have tried to create new instances using the existing init files but they do not work. currently the error i get when connecting is "ora-12500 TNS failed to start dedicated server process" can anyone give me a brief rundown on the steps i should take to recreate my instances and have them point at the correct datafiles. right now i have no databases or instances running successfully.
if you wish respond to me at collierj_at_tteam.com any help will be _greatly_ appreciated as i am in a bit over my head at this point. Received on Mon Aug 09 1999 - 14:29:41 CDT