Newbie question again!

From: Hartono Nugroho <hanugroNOSPAM_at_ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 23:54:50 +1000

Hi all,

I am university student studying on Oracle 8i and need confirmation on few things.

I manage to make Oracle 8i use Win2000 beta server user authentication (I manage to connect to database without supplying password or connect as internal without password, etc). I think there is a problem with W2K professional that prevent it to work. Maybe it is W2K bug that Oracle only work in domain (client/server) and not on workgroup (peer to peer).

OK, now for my questions:

  1. Why I am not able to log in to SQL+ using my NT user name and password? I am under impression that if I put my NT user name/password with ORA_DBA roles then I can connect to a database (work OK for me) and connect to SQL+.
  2. How do I share my tables with other users? Being unable to connect to SQL+ using my NT user name/password, I connected with Internal user name and then created a user <Ari> using USERS and TEMP tablespace as default and temporary tablespace. I also created another user <Hanugro> with the same USERS and TEMP tablespace. I then created three tables with <Ari> account and I could not see the table that I created earlier when I connected with the other account <Hanugro>. I understand that <Ari> has an ownership for the tables but how do I share a table with other user?

Thanks very much for all of your help!
Hartono Received on Mon Aug 09 1999 - 08:54:50 CDT