Re: URGENT ..Remove datafile from tablespace

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 08:04:22 -0400

It takes some planning, but it is possible.

First, map out your entire tablespace - this will tell you what segments are present in the data file. Then, determine what tables,indexes, etc are present in the data file you want to remove. (Hopefully what you are talking about is removing a datafile that is something like 3 of 3 - this technique won't work if you try to do a 2 of 3 type of scenario). Export those objects and then drop them. Map your tablespace again and make sure that the data file is empty and then delete the data file.