net8 easy config

From: s. morgan friedman <morgan_at_dept.english.upenn.edu>
Date: 9 Aug 1999 00:24:37 GMT

        hi there --

        i recently installed oracle 8i on my linux box
        (redhat 6.0) problemlessly. however, when i
	run net 8 easy config ($ORACLE_HOME/bin/netec),
	*nothing happens* -- the program never appears!
	i'm using JDK 1.1.7 v3; i even tried using
	JRE 1.1.6 v5 (what oracle recommends in their
	documentation!) to no avail. i've studied the
	source to netec, set the symbolic link from
	/usr/local/jre to the JDK directory, and also
	installed the run time environment. but still
	nothing happens. furthermore, other programs
	still run perfectly in JRE -- such as the
	installer for oracle 8i! -- so i'm sure that
	that JRE works. did anyone else have this
	problem? does anyone have any ideas? thanks!

	morgan

--

steven morgan friedman
http://www.westegg.com/morgan/