Re: Development database setup

From: <Tim_Cuthbertson_at_sonat.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 01:29:34 GMT

In article <37ABE301.A5CC5579_at_iafrica.com>,   Christopher Forbes <cforbes_at_iafrica.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am setting up a development database at work for the productive system
> but am wondering what the best way to configure the database would be
> with respect to either duplicating the productive versions layout with
> seperate tablespaces for each schema owner or placing all schemas into
> one tablespace. Disk space is limited on the devepment machine. If you
> should know of any articles on this subject please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice
> Chris Forbes
> EMail: cforbes_at_iafrica.com

IMHO, you will have much less trouble if you have exactly the same tablespaces in your Dev system as you do in Prod. This way, when you exp a Prod table, you won't have to preallocate it in a different Dev tablespace before you imp it.

Tim

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Aug 07 1999 - 20:29:34 CDT