Q: DBMS_OUTPUT display while processing?

From: <ewong74_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 23:23:56 GMT

Hi,

I have a large PL/SQL package with 20 procedures within the package. The purpose of the package is do some batch process which will take about 10 hours.

I tried to have DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE in every single procedure to print out the status so that I can monitor each process(to see if there is errors) while the package is still running. However, the DBMS_OUTPUT didn't display until the whole package is done. This is very annoying. Is there any work around?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Aug 07 1999 - 18:23:56 CDT