Re: Using OPS and with a Standby Database

From: n <n_at_n.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 12:51:09 -0700

There are additional considerations with using OPS the biggest of which being the application tenability to OPS. If the application is not suited to OPS, the instances will throttle each other with inter-instance locking requests and 'false pinging' of data blocks. You can read more about it in the Parallel Server admin guide.
OPS option needs to be purchaed separately ( per user licensing fee ), you'll also need to purchase DLM/cluster mgmt software.