SQL question

From: Carles Bayés Martín <cbayes_at_comb.es>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 21:27:20 +0200

I'm a newby and I have some doubts about SQL. Does anybody know if it's possible to make a SELECT FROM another SELECT ordered by a column?
What I mean is the following:

SELECT * FROM (SELECT * FROM table ORDER BY points)

I need to select rows from row number X to Y (ordered by "points"), so I'd need to SELECT from a previously ordered table (a recordset). I've read that the clause ORDER BY must go at the end of the query and it cannot be included in a subquery.

Thank you. Received on Sat Aug 07 1999 - 14:27:20 CDT