Re: PROGRAM Column in V$SESSION

From: Benoit Bouthillier <tazboy_at_total.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 09:09:15 -0400

Hi Paul,

We run some C/S applications and we use the program field of the V$SESSION to validate the name of the executable. All the informations of V$SESSION seem to be correct (but we use NT Workstation (Oracle Client 8.0.4 +) instead Win95). However, I remember that when we was using older version of the Oracle client with older version of MS OS (like Win3.11 and Win95), we got that kind of error. I suggest to look carfully to the version that you use (on your client) to see if there is some kind of pattern.

About WINSOCK.DLL, does youre Oracle connection use TCP/IP? If I'am right, it can make sence that you found WINSOCK.DLL as program name instead PSTLS.EXE (but this is a bug too...).

Good luck,

Benoit
benoit.bouthillier_at_loto-quebec.com