Unable to execute dbms_lock.sleep()

From: Anurag Minocha <anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 12:39:39 +0530

Hi,
I am unable to compile a stored procedure in schema other than sys's which has the following statement

dbms_lock.sleep(100);

But from the sqlplus i am able to execute the follwing command in any schema.

exec dbms_lock.sleep(100);

What might be the problem. I have to use the sleep function in one of the stored procedures under the user which has resource,connect and dba roles.

Thanks
anurag

also reply to
anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com Received on Sat Aug 07 1999 - 02:09:39 CDT