tnsnames question

From: Jerry <jc_va_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 21:10:36 -0700

I am required by my employer to install RAS on my Windows PC for support purposes. I also run linux/oracle 8.0.5 at home for OCP studyiing on a separate PC into which I telnet via ethernet. I installed the 7.3.4 client software on the home PC, and can connect to the database in the office just fine, after configuring tnsnames. I can ping my linux box as well as the server at the office, so I added the designation for that to tnsnames, but I can't connect I get the following error. Below that is my tnsnames. Is there something special I have to do connect to v. 8 database with 7 client tools?

SQL> connect scott/tiger_at_orcl
ERROR: ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination# workoffice.world =

#at the office
atwork.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =