Re: How to get Legato Storage Manager running ?

From: Hans-Friedrich Pfeiffer <Pfeiffer.Hans-Friedrich_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 01:17:13 +0200

Hi Michael,

I am not quite sure of understanding your problem. With Legato you have two ways of making backups of your database :

  1. you save all your datafiles, redo logs, controlfiles or
  2. you wnat to use RMAN from Oracle.

For the first : all you need is the Legato software, you can save your files by issuing a SAVE-Comand ( I use Legato on SUN, but I think on NT you should also have a save-Command from Legat Networker ).

For the senoncd point, you already have Legat Softweare. ON the Oracle installation you have additional files you need to run RMAN with Legato. What Oracle offers to you is a test
Version of a special libraray you need to run RMAN. But you must have Legato Software
already. Try www.legato.com for furher information. The second procedure is too complicated to write it down here. Mail me back if you want more informations.

greetings Hans