Re: Ugh... help.

From: Hans-Friedrich Pfeiffer <Pfeiffer.Hans-Friedrich_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 01:06:55 +0200

Hi Andrey,

What did you delete ? Datafiles ? Or progrma files of the ORACLE-user ? In any case, I hope you have made a valid backup.

If not, get a ticket to Chile. They wonīt deliver you !

Seriously : if the datafiles are all present and the databse running, then
play back a copy of the oracle installation. If you donīt have any backup, =

then :

send a nice kill to all ORACLE processes ( kill -15 [pid].You wil get the oracle processes by issuing :

ps -ef | grep ora_

Then you should reinstall Oracle. If you installed your database during ORACLE installation,
skip this point of installation. Then restart your database, it will make a recovery.
It shoulkd work then. MAKE A BACKUP !!!

If you lost some datafiles, redo logs or controlfiles, please recover your databse.

Good luck,

Hans