Re: PPAD inside UPDATE after column=RPAD(.....

From: Jeff Guttadauro <jeff109_at_NOSPAM.netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 19:59:21 GMT

Hi, Stefan.

        Although I'm not quite sure why you would want to do it this way, the second update worked fine for me. Maybe it's just that the table name is not correct...? Should the second one use sf.tagsm0a also? Anyways, if you just want to do concatenation and not really padding, why don't you just do the following?

UPDATE sf.tagsm0a
SET tagrun = tagrun||'STEFAN'
WHERE nameid = 'KERTD';

Hope this helps,