ODBC, SQLNET, NET8 Help!

From: <sirws_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 19:06:07 GMT

Hello everyone-

I am developing some applications that talk to our oracle 8 server (NT) via odbc. I have been able to make everything work via
odbc/tnsnames.ora with the entire oracle client/utilities installed, but I was hoping that I could make it all work via just ODBC, and a tnsnames.ora file referenced at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle with the TNS_ADMIN string value. Do I really have to install the entire oracle client utilites to connect via ODBC? What is the absolute minimum that I need to do to make this work?

Please reply to scott.moore_at_ci.chandler.az.us as well as the list.

Sincerely,
W. Scott Moore
GIS Data Base Analyst
City of Chandler, AZ
scott.moore_at_ci.chandler.az.us

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 14:06:07 CDT