Re: Why do all background processes have listening TCP ports?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 18:54:20 +0200

Hi Martin,

As far as I am concerned this isn't normal. I have never seen it. Unless I have further evidence I am tempting to think you have an incorrect listener.ora and your IPC protocol isn't functioning properly. This should be why Oracle reverts to TCP, as indeed the background process do need to communicate.
Connected as oracle, run both the adapters and the drivers script in $ORACLE_HOME/bin, and see what the outcome is.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA