Re: Looking for Oracle 7.2 or earlier for Solaris

From: Chris Petersen <havoc_at_apk.net>
Date: 6 Aug 1999 16:38:38 GMT

In comp.sys.sun.wanted Work <smiller_at_gers.com> wrote:
: I'm looking for a copy of Oracle 7.1 or Oracle 7.2 for Solaris. We're
: trying to do some configuration on an older application that we have and we
: need some of the libraries and objects that shipped with this version of
: Oracle. If have either of these versions of Oracle for Solaris, please feel
: free to contact me at (800) 854-2263, ext. 342, or send email to
: smiller_at_gers.com. Thanks for any help you can offer.

: Regards,

: Steve

If you've got any of the OracleMETALs-style service contracts (Bronze, Silver, or Gold), you should be able to call into Customer Support and request that version. They've been pretty good in the past at shipping me back-revs of product, for these very reasons...

Of course, this assumes that you've got Oracle AND a service contract right now. It is possible that you've got Oracle through an application vendor (like with PeopleSoft, or SAP, or something like that), and just need the older version for some sort of migration purpose. In this case, your application vendor should be able to help you. Most major application vendors who resell Oracle with their products (such as the one I work for) have Oracle service representatives either onsite or at least available who should be able to get you what you need.

--
Chris Petersen
Systems Engineer

Unigraphics Solutions Inc.		Industry Services, Mid-America Region
Email: havoc_at_apk.net (Personal)       petersen_at_ugsolutions.com (Professional)