PL/SQL-Script to DROP COLUMN on Oracle 7.x?

From: Richard Löfflad <richard_loefflad_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 17:47:37 +0200

Hi,
i often have to drop table-columns on Oracle 7.

Unfortunately , there is no <alter table> -Command to do this.

The manual workaround (Rename table, create new table, insert data, create trigger, constraints, grant .. on the new table) is a very boring job.

I think a plsql-Script with dynamic sql can do this also.

So my question: Is there anybody, who have already developed such a script?

Thanks

Richard Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 10:47:37 CDT