Re: Exists in v$session, not in v$process

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 16:20:40 +0100

Connor,

Since no-one seems to have answered this yet, I'll throw in my first thoughts.

The interesting thing about your output is that the serial number is increasing, presumably fairly rapidly.

Since the identity of the session is actually the combination of the sid and serial#, this suggests that something keeps connecting and disconnecting for some reason.

The next time is happens I would have a look at pmon to see if it is chewing up CPU, and there is an event you can fire at it to kick off a trace file (can't remember the number offhand, but you know how to find it out).

The other thing that might be interesting is to drop down from v$process to x$ksupr, to see if the paddr in v$session matches to a 'hidden' process.

--

Jonathan Lewis