Re: O8i/WebDB2.0/OEM install steps

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 15:55:35 -0700

Donald Richard wrote:

> Do you know if there is a way to install Oracle 8.1 client with older support
> files like Required Support files for 7.3*?
> This is a new install of Oracle 81 client but the application I am using
> requires older Support files.
>
> Charles Larry wrote:
>
> > After much frustration I was able to complete an Oracle 8i
> > installation. For what it's worth, here is how I got it to work.

<snipped installation mnl>

As far as I know RSF of different versions *should* be able to reside next to eachother. Designer is such a tool that comes with both 8.0 and 7.3 RSF. Mind the *should*, tho ;). System support files are another chapter, these may bite. Generally, check if all works after installing a component (rdbms, e.g.). Then install the next component, and check the first one again. If broke, reinstall SSF for that component. If your last installed component is now broken, you probably have 'incompatible' products.
Generally, some combinations work.

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
V&L Informatica BV                   Hunzestraat 4
Palandijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede        7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500 Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 17:55:35 CDT