Re: Creating unique file names for export under NT

From: Xuening Sun <ba503_at_torfree.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 13:16:33 GMT

Eric,

 There are many commercial and non-comercial ports of UNIX for NT(Win32). You can download and install a package on your NT and then run "exp" from either DOS shell or UNIX shell (bash or ksh). I use a port from GNU for free. On NT, the way of using varables is different from UNIX. Look at some NT scripting books.

 Hope this helps.

Xuening Sun
--
Eric Fenderbosch (efender_at_ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: Anyone have any suggestions for creating unique filenames for nightly
: exports under NT? With UNIX I've just written a script with:
: dumpfile=`date`
: exp filename=$dumpfile

: Simplified, of course, but I can't seem to assign or access environment
: variables in NT like I can in UNIX.

: Any help would be appreciated.

: Thanks,

: Eric