Re: OCI

From: <Titou_at_33.com>
Date: 6 Aug 1999 13:27:42 GMT

In a previous article, "Bill Larson" <ewlarson_at_mindspring.com> writes:
>Hello,
>
>I have an application that will be pulling data from an Oracle database and
>sending the data to another application but I only want to send the data
>when Oracle has changed/updated the table from which I am pulling the data
>from.
>
>I was wondering if there are any OCI functions available that can detect
>when a table has been changed or updated?
>
>Regards,
>
>Bill Larson

Hi,
I'm a fench DBA Oracle.
I think's that the best way is to put tables trigger for update or insert or delete in procedure PL/SQL on your tables.In that procédure use the package UTL_FILE to write data on a file when an event come. And with your application,
you can view a file with data in a polling. Sorry for my English.
Bye.
Thierry MERLIN