NES 3.6, Livewire and ORA-12705 error

From: Josef Schnall <josef_at_schnall.de>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 09:38:17 +0200

I'm running Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6 on Solaris 2.6, an Oracle 8 database on a second Solaris machine and various Livewire Apps connecting to the Oracle database.

A couple a days ago we reorganized our database and changed the character set to ISO-8859. Since then, connecting to the database from a Livewire application results in an "ORA-12705" error ("invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified") from the database.

ORACLE_HOME, ORA_NLS33, NLS_LANG, TWO_TASKS, etc. is set correctly; there are no problems connecting to the server with SQLPLUS with the same environment variables. NLS_NCHAR ist also set, but it does not seem to influence anything.

Unsetting NLS_LANG before starting NES makes the error go away, but then special characters are not displayed correctly. I've played around a bit and by now I have found only one NLS_LANG value that does not produce a ORA_12705 error: ".US7ASCII". All other values (like "GERMANY_GERMAN.WE8ISO8859P1") result in an ORA-12705 error.

Any idea, what's going wrong here? Your help is highly appreciated!

Regards,
-- josef_at_schnall.de Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 02:38:17 CDT