Re: Q: eXt. Procs. - callbacks

From: Johan Wegener <xjw_at_xdde.xdk>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:32:52 +0200

Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com> skrev i en nyhedsmeddelelse:37ac7f89.1254303_at_newshost.us.oracle.com... [snip]
> OCI is the Oracle Call Interface, this is the lowest level interface you
as a
> programmer can code to directly. It is layered on top of Oracle's
internal API
> called UPI/OPI. If you want to code natively in C with no pre-processor,
this
> is what you would use.

[snip]

I would like to gain some insight into how UPI/OPI works. Any chance of that? Not in order to write directly to that API, but I guess understanding how it works may enable us to write more efficient Pro*C or OCI programs or even a better understanding of the internal workings of Oracle. It is a pretty common misconception to believe that OCI is the native Oracle API.

Are there any "public" information about UPI/OPI available?

Thanks,
Johan Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 02:32:52 CDT