My table is hanging!

From: Dicky <ccdicky_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 07:20:28 +0800

Hi, everybody. I'm new to AIX Oracle 7.3.4 SP. I found one of my table was being locked by a normal "insert & update" process and could not remove this process in a normal way. Furthermore, I got a message "index block split" from event field in the v$session_wait table.

This problem can be reproduced -- once I'm fixed the problem by rebuilding its indexes, this problem will occur again after 2-3 weeks run. Anyone can tell me what wrongs I get?

Thanks in advance. Received on Thu Aug 05 1999 - 18:20:28 CDT