UTL.FILE Package

From: Terry Anderson <tande922_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:23:14 -0500

Here is my problem. Every time I try and write a file to disk using the Utl.File Package I keep getting an error invalid path. I'm at a loss. The directory path exists so why can't Oracle find it? I recently installed the 7.3.4 patch and re ran the catlog, catproc and catexp stored procedures and re ran the utlfile package as well after the problem occured.
Here is the execption statment in the proc. The invalid_path exception keeps getting raised.
Any ideas??

EXCEPTION
WHEN utl_file.invalid_path THEN
dbms_output.put_line('ERROR RAISED invalid_path'); WHEN utl_file.invalid_mode THEN
dbms_output.put_line('ERROR RAISED invalid_mode'); WHEN utl_file.invalid_filehandle THEN
dbms_output.put_line('ERROR RAISED invalid_filehandle'); WHEN utl_file.invalid_operation THEN
dbms_output.put_line('ERROR RAISED invalid_operation'); WHEN utl_file.read_error THEN
dbms_output.put_line('ERROR RAISED read_error'); WHEN utl_file.write_error THEN
dbms_output.put_line('ERROR RAISED write_error'); WHEN utl_file.internal_error THEN
dbms_output.put_line('ERROR RAISED internal_error'); utl_file.fclose(lr_file_handle);

TIA, Terry Received on Thu Aug 05 1999 - 16:23:14 CDT