Re: Server Consolidation with different brands of databases

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 17:17:23 -0400

We have a setup like that on AIX that we did a couple of months ago. We have Oracle 8.0.5 and Sybase 11.x on AIX 4.3. We just ran into some swapping issues. My first instinct is to tell you not to stinge on memory, get a little more than you think you need. Also, I don't think Sybase recommends binding to CPU's, so it's best if you have enough memory to accomodate Oracle SGA and Sybase memory, plus some more for whatever else you have running.