Using Export/Import - On Client Side

From: Stan Novinsky <stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 14:13:02 -0400

Is it possible to perform an Export from the Client Side ?

Our AS 8400 is running Digital UNIX 4.0e and Oracle 8.0.1.1 Server with a 1.5 GB DB.
We installed Oracle 7.3.2.3.2 Server on our AS 1200 but only selected the components that allow us to run it as a client. As a result, the Export/Import Utility was not built.

We developed Export/Import procedures on an AS 8400 running Alpha OpenVMS 6.2 and Oracle 7.1 last year. The DB and Export/Import procedures both resided on the AS 8400.

Question ?

Is it possible for us to setup/install Export/Import on our AS 1200 running Oracle 7.3 so that we can use our own procedures to export tables from our DB on the AS 8400 via SQL Net 2.0 ?

thanks Received on Thu Aug 05 1999 - 13:13:02 CDT