Re: ORA-600 database ?

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 09:23:12 -0700

Jarek

The 600 errors can range from something completely benign like a resource shortfall to a major corruption of the database. The arguments to the 600 error can change from platform to platform and release to release. The idea is not to hide the meaning, but they are base level traps for errors that normally shouldn't occur. Because there is so much variation in what the arguments mean, most people don't have the knowledge to determine what the problem is, and that includes people like me in Oracle Consulting. It's always safer to contact Support when you hit a 600, to get the real meaning.

HTH. Pete

--
Regards

Pete