Re: read-only snapshots

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 09:12:35 -0700

Pat

What's the error you're getting? There shouldn't be a problem with a single refresh group that I can think of. The intelligent agent is only needed for job and event handling, so if you're not setting up the refresh as a job through OEM, it shouldn't be causing the problem.

You only need a single snapshot log on the master for each table being replicated. If there's a lot of data being moved, I'd certainly recommend using snapshot logs so you can do a fast refresh rather than a complete one. If you have dubious communication links, make sure you use fast rather than the default force.

HTH. Pete

--
Regards

Pete