Re: Error Ora 03113, How Do I Fix it?

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 05 Aug 1999 08:15:16 -0400

An ORA-3113 can mean a network problem, but it can also indicate that the server process crashed.

To determine if the server process crashed: 1. Look in the rdbms\log directory and make a note of the trace files that

   reside there.
2. Execute the query again.
3. If a new trace file appears and the trace file contains a stack dump, then

   the server crashed. Contact Oracle support and describe the problem to them.    There may already be a fix for it.

                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman
                                        Security and Directory Technologies
                                        Server Technologies