Re: NT backup command

From: Ken-ming Wang <kenming_at_gcn.net.tw>
Date: 5 Aug 1999 02:37:46 GMT

On Wed, 04 Aug 1999 08:45:57 GMT, jwtai_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>Hello all,
>
> Would anyone know what could be causing NT not to schedule a particular
>task.
>
> In particular.. I have a script that runs under scheduler to shutdown the
>database and do a copy to copy the contents of the database directory to the
>backup directory.
>
> The backuplog tells me that a portion of the script actually works.. but
>when it comes to a particular database directory.. it did not perform the
>copy command.
>
> Is this a nt thing?
>
> any help or suggestions is welcome.
>
>best regards,
>
>JW

The NT Back Up Administration Tool has two : one for GUI, another for command-line mode.
You must be an Administrator or member of NT Backup Operators to perform the backup job.
The command-line backup command is : ntbackup If you want to do a schedule backup job, you can use "AT(or WINAT) " command.