Re: Oracle 8i --- IIOP Connections for deploying EJB

From: <eric.davis.0246528_at_nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 20:19:05 GMT

In article <7nheb7$lpt$1_at_soap.pipex.net>,   deletethissteven.chaplin_at_convergys.com (Steve Chaplin) wrote:
> In article <37910366.9263B707_at_intasys.com>, san_at_intasys.com says...
> >
> >Moon Lee wrote:
> >> I have set up a Oracle 8i server and configured to use IIOP
> >> Connections. However, I can connect to Oracle 8i server thro IIOP
> >> locally. When I attempt to connect to it through other machine,
> >> connection fails! Can anyone help me to solve this?
> >
> >The same problem.
>
> I have exactly the same problem using IIOP/CORBA not EJB. I've also
had mail from
> at least one other person with this problem.
>
> I've spent a lot of time in the past with TCP/IP related problems but
this one has
> me stumped. I've run the listener in trace mode and have seen an
incoming GIOP
> connection successfully made. However, the lisener does not seem to be
able to
> connect to the database whose SID was specified in the sess_iiop
connect string.
> Unfortunately, the trace does not show the connect string TNS is
trying to use.

> Has anyone got this working?
>
> Steve

Same problem here. Sorry I don't have a fix. See my post from another news group.

           Cannot connect to service: sess_iiop - error message when using sess_sh or deployejb

      Date:
           Wed, 04 Aug 1999 14:14:20 -0400
      From:
           "Davis, Eric (EXCHANGE:WWP:BA36)"
<erdavis_at_americasm01.nt.com>
           Nortel

           comp.databases.oracle.tools

Hello,

I am having a problem using the sess_sh and deployejb tools to connect to a remote database instance. The use of either tool, which I presume uses the the same transport mechanism, results in the following error message: "Cannot connect to service: sess_iiop://nwwph4b8:2481:db0", where "nwwph4b8" is the host name, "2481" is the default iiop listener port and "db0" is the SID.

Here are the facts. I can connect to other database instances, on different nodes, using these client application (sess_sh or deployejb). I also can connect to the database instance discussed above when using the client utilites (again sess_sh or deployejb) resident on that same host (i.e. nwwph4b8).

The db instances are more or less "out-of-the-box" on both nodes, and are the same in terms of configuration options. I am starting to believe that this may be a global Oracle configuration problem not related to a specific db service, or an OS configuration problem.

The specifics of the product are Oracle8 (8.1.5) for WinNT.

If responding to this post, would you please copy me at "eric.davis.0246528_at_nortelnetworks.com", lest I forget to check back for a response?

Thanks,

Eric Davis

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 04 1999 - 15:19:05 CDT