Re: limitation of CURSORs

From: Nandakumar <nanban_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 22:11:05 GMT

It looks like, i opened many dynamic cursors from within a procedure and didn't close them in the end. And now, i am at a level where i can't open any more cursors. How could i close these cursors so that further cursors can be opened.

There should be some DICT table that records the status of cursors with cursor ids, i guess.

Would appreciate any solution to this probelm.

Thanks

In article <7o564l$bff$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Nandakumar <nanban_at_my-deja.com> wrote:

> When i try to drop a view, i get an error that says maximum CURSOR
limit
> has exceeded.
>
> Anyone can give an idea on how this can be reset?
>
> drop view table1
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded
>
> Thanks
> --
> Nandakumar
> Systems Analyst
> New York
> (N.Kumar_at_rocketmail.com)

Nandakumar
Systems Analyst
New York
(N.Kumar_at_rocketmail.com)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 17:11:05 CDT