JDBC: select statements causing errros when using classes12.zip but not when using classess111.zip

From: Josh Gough <dasjsg_at_panther.gsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 17:23:30 -0400

Hi,

        I'm using Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux and I wrote some JDBC classes to extract data
from the db, and they work fine with classes111.zip. In fact, I can make queries
that only return a _single_ column with classes12.zip, but if I try more than one column
I get this:

Using classes111.zip:

The query: Select parent_node_id,id from node

result:
-1 0

0 1

etc etc etc

Using classes12.zip:

The query: Select parent_node_id,id from node

result: ORA-03120: two-task conversion routine: integer overflow

Or something like:

The query: Select parent_node_id,name from node

result: ORA-03115: unsupported network datatype or representation

Where parent_node_id is an integer and name is a VARCHAR2....

Oddly enough, "select parent_node_id from node" works just fine with 12.zip or 111.zip, it is only
when I ask for more than one column that things collapse.

The suggested action for 03115 in the documentation is:

ORA-03115: unsupported network datatype or representation Cause: A user bind or define, or an Oracle function, is not supported by this heterogeneous Net8 connection.
Action: Upgrade the older version of Oracle and try again.

The FAQ says:

Q. Are JDBC drivers backward compatible ?

      Yes.
      JDBC 8.0.4 drivers can talk to RDBMS 804, RDBMS 7.3.4
      JDBC 8.0.5 drivers can talk to RDBMS 805, 804, RDBMS 7.3.4
      JDBC 8.0.6 drivers can talk to RDBMS 806, 805, 804, and 734
      JDBC 8.1.5 drivers can talk to RDBMS 815, 806,  805, 804, and 734

So, I'm quit baffles by these errors... Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 16:23:30 CDT